Clarksville Tn (free pdf download at the bottom)
Deciding to sell your home in the current market can lead to huge profits and can be a life changing experience.
Once you have made up your mind to sell your home here are some of the things you can do to help it sell quickly and for the best price.
In the checklist we will cover must dues and some optional things.
HOME SELLERS CHECKLIST
- Decided to Sell
- Research the process
- Hire a Realtor or look into listing For Sale by Owner/ FSBO
(do some CMA’s at this point)
- Prepare the home for being sold( clean, organized, possible do some repairs, paint, and stage the home)
- Have pictures taken ( I recommend having a professional do this because so many home buyers look at homes online and pictures can make a huge difference)
- Start the Listing and the paperwork
- If using a Realtor they will have a packet of documents to go over with you. It may seem like a lot but doing the paperwork correctly in the beginning makes the rest of the process much smoother and less stressful for all parties involved.
- If selling For Sale by Owner see what all documents are required for selling your home. Some common documents are a disclosure of any issues you are aware of about the home or in the area, lead paint disclosure, purchase and sale agreement, and could be more. Just look into a closing company or attorney would be a great resource in the process if selling your home.
- Make the listing live. An agent will do this very quickly by posting the property on the MLS which shares the listing with all major real estate sites so your home can be seen by as many buyers as possible. If selling FSBO you may need to go to sites individual to list your home, some sites will share with a few but look into and be sure your home is easily accessible online.
- Schedule the Showings. Currently the first day or weekend many homes have back to back showings all day. You can stay at the home during these or you can get out of the house and let people get a feel for the home. I recommend getting out of the house or if staying home just stay in the living room or kitchen and let them tour the house and come back to you if they have any questions
- Review Offers if you have the home prepared to sale and priced properly you will be receiving offers in the first few days of actively listing your property. Hopefully you have been over some blank offers with your agent to do know what you are looking at but if not just be sure to ask questions to your Realtor or the buying party so that everyone is on the same page before accepting the offer
- Accept or Counter Offer
- Once you accepted an offer be ready for the home inspections and appraisal if the offer was contingent on these factors
- Find a place to move to if you have not already done so, you will have about 30ish days in most cases before closing on the sale of your home
- Make any repairs agreed to in the home inspection if any were agreed upon
- Be ready for the final walk through the buyers normally do this on the day of closing or just a few days before
- Show up to closing. Review and sign the closing documents.
- Finish moving out any remaining items
- Go have a celebratory dinner for selling your home!