With the COVID 19 Virus right now staying healthy and safe is the top priority for everyone. This will add extra steps in the buying/selling process but is what needs to happen to keep us all healthy for the future.
Here are some ways to communicate and go through the process
- Telephone meetings and Video Chats. – Most meetings do not have to be face to face so take advantage of modern technology.
- Virtual Tours- Again learn to use the camera on your smart phone or computer then have your real estate agent go to the home and give you a personal tour from miles away.
- Distance Showing- Purchasing a home is a big decision and you may not feel comfoartble submiting an offer until you see it in person. If that is the case have your agent go in first and sanitize door knobs, light switches, and other surfaces you might touch. Next have the agent leave all the doors open and lights on so you can go through the home without touching anything. Finally have the agent sanitize again, turn off the lights and lock up the home.
- Sign Online- Esignatures are becoming easier all the time. Make sure your agent has your email address and away you go.
- Closing- Closing is probably the most difficult to do without coming in contact with people so have the closing company have one person in at a time so that you come in contact with as few people as possible. Closing online is possible see following link . https://www.maar.org/news/2020/04/21/homepage/online-closing-requirements-in-tennessee/
Other things you can do include wearing gloves, mask, and sanitizing every time you get back in your vehicle or home. Be safe & Stay Healthy. Best of luck finding the right home for you.